UMBC is committed to eliminating discriminatory obstacles that may disadvantage students based on disability. UMBC complies with federal legislation for individuals with disabilities (Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the ADAA of 2009) that offers reasonable accommodations to qualified students with disabilities. The Office of Accessibility & Disability Services (ADS), formerly Student Disability Services, is the UMBC department designated to:
- receive and maintain confidential files of disability-related documentation,
- certify eligibility for services,
- determine reasonable accommodations,
- develop with each student plans for the provision of such accommodations, and
- serve as a liaison between faculty members and students regarding disability-related concerns.
If you have a documented disability and would like to request academic accommodations, please register with the Office of Student Disability Services through their website at sds.umbc.edu or contact the office by phone at 410-455-2459, via email at disAbility@umbc.edu, or in person in Math/Psychology Room 212.
If you have been approved for accommodations, please make an appointment with your instructor to discuss implementation of your accommodations.
Browse articles on accessibility
Office of Accessibility & Disability Services