Career Center provides comprehensive career counseling to undergraduate and graduate students, as well as alumni, and connects students to on-campus employment, part-time jobs and full-time professional careers. They also develop employer relationships and coordinating networking opportunities for jobs between students, alumni and employers, teach students and alumni career management and job search skills, and provide graduate school planning advice.
- Math/Psychology room 212
- Phone: 410.455.2216
- Email: email@example.com
Appointments can be scheduled online (via UMBCworks), in-person, or by phone.
The Counseling Center offers free and confidential services to all current UMBC students in the form of individual, couples, or group counseling as well as workshops, campus presentations, and self-help resources. The Counseling Cente helps students successfully navigate academic and personal challenges and take advantage of opportunities to make the most of their experiences at UMBC. The Counseling Center is located in the Student Development & Success Center (between Chesapeake and Susquehanna Halls).
- Open: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
For emergencies or immediate assistance:
- During office hours, call 410-455-2472 or walk-in
- For immediate assistance on campus during all other hours, contact:
- Residential Life staff (Resident Assistant or Community Director) or
- Call Campus Police at 410-455-5555
- In addition, area crisis hotlines include:
- Grassroots Crisis Intervention Center: 410-531-6677
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-784-2433
Just in Case is a mobile and web application that provides students, faculty, and parents with on and off-campus mental health resources. Just in Case provides users with information on how to handle a mental health emergency, and includes helpful tips for students in distress. To install this app on a smartphone, simply access the link on your device and follow the “instructions for download.”
UMBC’s Police Department provides police service 24 hours a day throughout the year. The Police staff includes sworn police officers, communications specialists, and student marshals. UMBC Police officers respond to criminal offenses, service requests, complaints, and other safety issues on campus.
- In Case of Emergency: For immediate responses dial x55555.
- There are emergency phones installed around the campus along sidewalks and buildings. Look for a telephone with a blue light above it. These phones connect directly to campus police.
Residential Life (RL) is responsible for operating and maintaining the residential facilities as well as coordinating programs and services for approximately 3,900 students who live on campus. UMBC’s Residential Life program not only provides living environments which are clean, secure, and convenient to classes, but also provides students with growth and development opportunities.
- The Residential Facilities staff (x5-3948) are responsible for the construction, maintenance, housekeeping, and renovation of the residential facilities and grounds.
- The Residential Operations staff (x5-8832) manage the Housing Application and Housing License processes, room assignments, billing for room fees, and maintain resident files.
- The Residential Education staff (x5-3932) is responsible for responding to students’ concerns regarding violations of their rights as residents, reviewing all violations of RL or University policy, and acting as Residential Life's liaison with the Director of Student Judicial Programs.
Residential Life’s main office is located in Erickson Hall near the library at the bottom of Walker Avenue. The office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM to serve you.
University Health Services
All registered UMBC students, faculty, and staff are eligible to use University Health Services for their health care and health education. UHS provides holistic, high quality primary and urgent care services including diagnosis and treatment of acute illnesses and injuries, treatment and monitoring of chronic illnesses under the direction of your physician; routine physical exams; pharmacy services; flu shots and more.
- Erickson Hall, Ground Floor
- Monday through Friday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Phone: (410) 455-2542