This form exists for the purpose of inventory control for each department notifying the Inventory Control section of any asset additions through purchasing, gifting, or fabrication.
How to fill out this form:
- To begin the DocuSign/RT process click here
- Choose Inventory Addition in the Reason for Adjustment dropdown menu.
- Choose Item Quantity: Up to 12 or More than 12. This refers to the number of pieces of equipment being entered on the form.
- Click here to check the custodian for a department in the custodian list. You can also find this list by looking at the useful links on the top right of the DocuSign page.
- Enter the name and email of the custodian.
- Look up the department by the department number or name.
- Click the Next button.
- Requires a purchase option. If the option is purchase order, the purchase order number is required. If the option is other, a comment is required.
- Requires at least one attachment that will be added for viewing purposes at the bottom of the form. Supporting documentation includes: invoices/receipts, documentation from Institutional Advancement for donations.
- Requires a comment.
- Requires a signature.
- Complete the following attributes for each piece of equipment:
- Item Description
- Original Cost
- Purchased Date, in the format of MM/DD/YYYY (required for depreciation purposes)
- Serial Number
- Fund Code
- Prog-Fin (P-fin)
- Dept Code
- Account Code
- For Fund Code (1253, 1114, 1113), the following attributes may be required:
- Sponsor Award Number
- When complete, click Finish.
An email will be generated providing the submitter with a link to a PDF of the DocuSign form and a second one notifying the custodian of the request. The custodian will need to review and sign the document. If the submitter and the custodian are the same, the custodian will need to sign in the role of the submitter and the role of the custodian.
Inventory Control reviews the Docusign addition form and supporting documentation. At the time Inventory Control assigns the tags in Docusign, an RT ticket is created, an email sent to the custodian, indicating their tags are ready. The email will have a link, which takes them to Asset Management’s Google calendar, which will have available time slots. The custodian chooses a time and it automatically updates both calendars. The RT ticket status will be updated to "Waiting for Customer Tag Pickup". Inventory Control updates Asset Management after the custodian picks up the tags and resolves the ticket.