1) Enter the url, or follow a link, to the VDE pool you want to access in your web browser.
- Please see the list of software available in each pool.
- To access the standard lab image, connect to our GenLab desktops.
- To access AspenOne or Comsol for Academic (not research), connect to our Modeling desktops.
- To access graphics and design products, please connect to our Graphics and Design desktops.
2) Enter your UMBC credentials when prompted.
3) Please be patient as your desktop is prepared. If you see a message saying resources are unavailable, please wait a few minutes and try again.
4) Use the virtual desktop as you would an on-campus lab computer.
5) The first time the virtual desktop tries to access files from your local computer (such as when you copy and paste into the desktop), you will see this prompt. Please click Allow.