This form exists for the purpose of the custodian for each department to notify Inventory Control of any assets that need to be disposed.
Note: Please do not submit disposition forms for assets to be disposed through E Cycle until the E Cycle event has been announced.
How to fill out this form:
- To begin the DocuSign/RT process click here click here
- Choose Property Disposition in the Reason for Adjustment dropdown menu.
- Choose Item Quantity: Up to 12 or More than 12.
- Click here to check the custodian and approver name for a department in the custodian list. You can also find this list by looking at the useful links on the top right of the DocuSign page.
- Enter names and email addresses.
- Look up the department by the department number or name.
- Click Next.
- UMBC Tag #
- Requires a chartstring for Workforce pickup:
- Fund Code
- Program Fin (P-fin)
- Account Number
- Depending on the Fund Code there may also be a required
- Sponsor ID
- Requires a comment regarding disposition
- Requires the Item Description.
- Requires the Serial Number if the item has one.
- Requires the location of Building and Room.
- Requires a signature.
Assets are “disposed” when the Workforce picks up the equipment. When a piece of equipment is being disposed by methods other than Workforce or Ecycle, please contact Inventory Control. When the disposition form is completed the Property Custodian and Approver must sign. The form is forwarded to Inventory Control for review and approval.
Once Inventory Control approves the Disposition form the custodian must submit an AIM ticket with the Disposition Form attached to Workforce for disposal.
Click here for instructions in how to attach documents to the AIM Customer Request.
After the work force picks up the property, the custodian needs to "complete the recipient information" in the form by selecting the signing group "FS_Inventory-Management-SWF" and then click "COMPLETE AND SEND". The appropriate person in Facilities Management will sign the Docusign form that the property has been picked up. The form then goes back to the custodian to sign that the process is complete. On the right of the signature will be a comment box asking how the equipment was disposed with a drop down menu – choose by workforce. The completed Docusign form will trigger an RT ticket to Inventory Control to update the asset management system. Inventory Control will close the ticket.