MATLAB network license installation
This MATLAB installation method is for UMBC owned computers that remain on campus. This is because activating MATLAB this way requires the computer to be perpetually connected to the campus network to function. For UMBC owned computers that may not always be on campus or connected to the campus network (like laptops), and for personal computers that are not UMBC owned, please install MATLAB using the stand-alone installation instructions.
- Before installing MATLAB, make sure your computer is connected to the campus network (MATLAB won't activate over the UMBC Visitor wireless connection) or connected to the UMBC VPN. Then, follow steps 1 - 6 from the stand-alone installation instructions to download the installer.
- Open the installer, select Use a File Installation Key, and then click Next to begin the installation setup.
- Select Yes to accept the license agreement and then click Next.
Select I have the File Installation Key for my license and type in the File Installation key found on theand then click Next.
- In the choose installation folder window, click Next.
- In the Product Selection window, uncheck License Manager and then click Next.
- In the License File window, click Browse to go to the location of the license file you downloaded from the and then choose Next to continue.
- In the Installation Options window, click Next.
- Click Install to begin the MATLAB installation and follow the remaining onscreen instructions to complete the installation.