MATLAB install instructions
This license is for active UMBC faculty, staff, and students and is intended to be used only for academic/course work and not for commercial purposes. According to the MathWorks Community Help file MATLAB can be installed on up to three machines, but only run on one at a time. Upon leaving the university, you must cease using the license and remove the installation from your personal non-UMBC owned computer.
- Sign in to myUMBC and then click here.
- If you don't have a UMBC MathWorks account: Click Sign In. In the new page that opens, just below the email text box, click Create one! and then proceed to step 2.
- If you already have a UMBC MathWorks account: Click Sign In and type in your credentials. Once you are signed in, proceed directly to step 6.
- Type in your UMBC email address and fill in all the requested information that is displayed on the page. Click Create when you are finished.
- MathWorks will ask you to verify the UMBC email address you provided in step 2. Follow the directions that are displayed on the page to verify the email address.
- Fill in the required information that is displayed on the page and click Create when you are finished. In the School/University section, type in University of Maryland Baltimore County. For Associate Your Account to a License, type in the appropriate faculty/staff or student stand-alone Activation Key.
- Click Downloads application.
- Download the MATLAB installer. After downloading the installer, click on it to run it.
- Enter the credentials for your UMBC MathWorks Account, click Sign In, and select Yes to accept the license agreement and then click Next to continue the setup.
- Select the appropriate license, click Next, and follow the remaining onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Rate this Article
Feedback: Correct or Suggest an Article | Request Help