MATLAB install instructions
- Sign in to myUMBC and then click here.
- If you don't have a UMBC MathWorks account: Click Sign In, and toward the bottom of the page, click Create Account, and then proceed to step 2.
- If you already have a UMBC MathWorks account: Click Sign In and type in your credentials. Once you are signed in, go to the top right-hand corner of the page and click on your name, select My Account, click the download arrow that is under My Software and then proceed directly to step 6. NOTE: If for some reason you don't see any license, go back to the top right-hand corner of the page, click on your name, select Associate License, and then enter the appropriate faculty/staff or student stand-alone activation key.
- Type in your UMBC email address and fill in all the requested information that is displayed on the page. Click Create when you are finished.
- MathWorks will ask you to verify the UMBC email address you provided in step 2. Follow the directions that are displayed on the page to verify the email address.
- Fill in the required information that is displayed on the page and click Create when you are finished. In the School/University section, type in University of Maryland Baltimore County. For Associate Your Account to a License, type in the appropriate faculty/staff or student stand-alone Activation Key.
- Click Downloads application.
- Download the MATLAB installer.
- After downloading the installer, click on it to run it. Select Log in with a MathWorks Account and click Next to begin the installation process.
- Select Yes to accept the license agreement and then click Next to continue the setup.
- Enter the credentials for your UMBC MathWorks account into the the labeled fields and click Next to proceed with the installation.
- Click Next to proceed with the MATLAB installation (the license should automatically be selected under Select a license). NOTE: If for some reason you do not have a UMBC MATLAB license associated with your account, select Enter an Activation Key for a license not listed, enter the appropriate faculty/staff or student stand-alone activation key and then click Next to associate your account with the UMBC MATLAB license.
- Follow the remaining onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Rate this Article