Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is continuously improved with new features, enhancements, tweaks, and fixes released regularly. All Release Notes are posted on Blackboard's support site with highlights gathered here:
- Moderators can see up to 25 videos at a time in Gallery view
Whiteboard editing tools are easier to see.
- The Clear whiteboard tool is now a trash can to better represent that the tool clears the entire whiteboard and not just a selected element. To delete just one thing off the whiteboard, select the item and press Delete on your keyboard.
- The Remove attendee option is now the last option in the Attendee controls menu. The option is now also red to make it easier to see.
- Collaborate Support chatbot is now also available on some error pages, as well as on the Report an Issue panel.
- By default, sessions that last longer than 12 hours are disconnected. While sessions can be scheduled for any length of time including no end date, the system assumes that staying in the session for more than 8 hours is unintended and disconnects the user from the room. Attendees can rejoin the session, if needed.
- Collab attendees can get support troubleshooting common issues while still in their session. With the new access to support, attendees can troubleshoot first and contact their institution administrator for support after, if they still need. You can find the new Chat Support feature at the end of the My Settings panel.
- Moderators and session owners will know at-a-glance if a recording is locked or public. Locked means only course members can view the video. Anyone not enrolled in a course can't view the video even with a link. Public means anyone with a link can view the recording.
- Chat mentions
- Message formatting
- Updates to the library of words removed by the profanity filter now include English, Spanish, and French.
- Check if a recording is still processing or ready to watch from the Recordings page
- Collaborate reminds moderators to start recording the session before they begin. As soon as moderators join the session, Collaborate presents a recording reminder. The reminder is visible until the moderator starts the recording or closes the reminder.
- Private recording links
- Chat profanity filter
- Download poll results
- Share document camera
- Instructor access to download recordings without enabling participant access
- Whiteboard improvements: Easier to select and rotate items
- Supersize webinar to 500 people
- Share video in Chrome tab
- New & improved emoji support
- Additional browser pop-up notifications
- Share files with breakout groups
- Inactivity reminder / disconnect
- Custom polling questions
- Network connectivity indicators
- Native WebRTC-based support for users in Safari 11/12 & Microsoft Edge
- Native WebRTC-based support for Safari in iOS 11/12 in BETA.
- END OF SUPPORT FOR FLASH (IE 11 & Safari 10)
- Track attendance & push data to Bb Attendance tool
- Upload captions (*srt) to recordings
- See when someone is typing in chat
- Session timer
- Export session attendance reports as a CSV file
- Phone only-dial in (users will be anonymous)
- Edit recording names
- Application sharing bandwidth improvements
- Single menu for settings, feedback, status
- File conversion improvements to support screen readers & accessibility.
- Maintenance fixes for infrastructure improvements.
- Updates were postponed
- Renamed Participants to Attendees.
- Audio via phone does not require continued use of web browser after initial login for phone/PIN sync.
- Private chat is available to all Attendees (except phone) by default.
- Moderators can limit private chat via Session Settings.
- Enable Collaborate sessions for Bb groups
- Secure Recording Links
- Private chat tutorial
- Improvements to chat & breakout groups
- Mobile app
- Private chat
- Session support for up to 500 participants