Winter 22 evaluation window:
Winter 22 Student Course Evaluations will run from:
Monday, January 24th, to Friday, January 28th, 2022
- Online evaluations can be completed on any device (e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone).
- Surveys can be accessed via the email link, via a BlackBoard building block link, and a “Student Course Evaluations” link on myUMBC on the survey launch date.
- Both students and instructors use their myUMBC credentials to login to their "profiles."
- Once logged in, students see a list of their enrolled courses for which they can complete a survey.
- Instructors can monitor response rates live as they occur.
All surveys will close at 11:59pm on last day of the survey window. Per faculty handbook policy, survey responses will be available online only after all campus grades have been posted. Electronic Direct Instructor Feedback Forms (DIFFs) will be visible only to the instructor and will also be available to the instructors for download after all campus grades are posted.
Please download and save a copy for your records.
DIFF's are only available in BLUE and are removed by the end of the next Fall or Spring semester’s evaluation period. For example:
- Spring, prior Fall and Winter semester DIFF's will be removed.
- Fall, prior Spring and Summer semester DIFF's will be removed.
For more information about the Student Course Evaluation Survey, please visit the Institutional Research, Analysis & Decision Support (IRADS) website.
I am a Student
- How do I access the online student course evaluation survey?
- Why do I see a 'question mark' in my email from firstname.lastname@example.org?
- What device can I use to complete the online survey?
- Why do I have to log in if this is “anonymous?”
- Why don't I see all of my courses in my course list?
- Will my instructor see the responses I give?
- How long does it take to complete a survey?
- What if I am unable to complete the survey during the evaluation date range?
- Can I change my answers after I submit?
- When is the evaluation period for the Winter 2022 semester?
I am an Instructor
Can't find the answer to your question? Submit an RT ticket for questions, comments, or suggestions.