- The UMBC VPN will let you access protected resources on the network, even when you're away from campus.
- The GlobalProtect VPN replaces the older PulseSecure VPN service. You can delete the PulseSecure software from your device when GlobalProtect is set up.
- First, download the software from the Google Play Store. (You want "GlobalProtect" by Palo Alto Networks, not "GlobalProtect Legacy", or any software by other developers.)
- Once it's installed, tap on its icon from the Home Screen to open it. You will be prompted to enter the Portal Address.
- Enter gpvpn.umbc.edu and tap Connect.
- Next you will see the standard UMBC login page. Enter your campus username and password and tap Log In. If your account has Duo 2-factor authentication enabled, you will be prompted for that as well.
- You will see a prompt that GlobalProtect wants to set up a VPN connection. Click OK.
- After authenticating, you should see this screen showing that you are connected to the VPN:
- You can disconnect from the VPN by tapping the button in the middle of the app.