- The UMBC VPN will let you access protected resources on the network, even when you're away from campus.
- The GlobalProtect VPN replaces the older PulseSecure VPN service. You can delete the PulseSecure software from your device when GlobalProtect is set up.
- First, download the software from the iOS App Store. Click Here to go to it in the App Store, or you can search for "GlobalProtect". (You want "GlobalProtect" by Palo Alto Networks, not "GlobalProtect Legacy", or any software by other developers.)
- Once it's installed, tap on its icon from the Home Screen to open it. You will be prompted to enter the Portal Address:
- Enter gpvpn.umbc.edu and tap Connect.
- You may see a prompt that GlobalProtect wants to install a VPN configuration. Tap allow.
- Next you will see the standard UMBC login page. Enter your campus username and password and tap Log In. If your account has Duo 2-factor authentication enabled, you will be prompted for that as well.
- After authenticating, you should see this screen showing that you are connected to the VPN:
- You can disconnect from the VPN by tapping the button in the middle of the app, or by going to Settings→VPN where it says "Status : Connected" and toggling the switch to "Not Connected".
Feedback: Correct or Suggest an Article | Request Help