VoiceThread is a collaborative, asynchronous tool that acts like a video conference over time (not at the same time) or a discussion board that allows you to hear and see others, not just read what they write. All participants can navigate at their own pace and leave comments about any added content (e.g., images, documents, and videos) via microphone, webcam, telephone, text or even another uploaded file. Users can annotate on the screen while commenting, and pick which comments are shown through moderation.
Getting Started with VoiceThread:
- How do I edit automatic captions on a VoiceThread?
- What accessibility support is available for VoiceThread?
- VT Universal ↗︎
VoiceThread for Students:
The following VoiceThread resources review how to submit VoiceThread assignments.
VoiceThread for Instructors:
VoiceThread for Conferences and Institutional Presentations:
Trouble accessing VoiceThread?
VoiceThread will work in any modern web browser and on almost any internet connection.
- Download the Chrome extension.
- Use VoiceThread on the iPad or iPhone.
- Create, view & assign VoiceThreads in Blackboard: Students and instructors are enrolled in their courses automatically.
Additional Documentation from VoiceThread ↗︎
- VoiceThread "How-To" Resources ↗︎
- Groups and Contacts ↗︎
- Exports ↗︎
- Activity Feed ↗︎
- Notifications ↗︎
- ThreadBox ↗︎
- Browse ↗︎
- Accessibility ↗︎
- VoiceThread Research↗︎
Troubleshooting and System Requirements
- Why does VoiceThread say my account has been deleted?
- Network requirements ↗︎
- Enabling cookies and local storage ↗︎
- Clearing the browser cache ↗︎
- Audio/video recording issues ↗︎
- Audio/video playback issues ↗︎
- File types accepted ↗︎
- File upload issues ↗︎
- Missing comments ↗︎
- LMS (LTI) troubleshooting ↗︎
- Mobile App troubleshooting ↗︎
- Receiving VoiceThread emails ↗︎
- VoiceThreads are not loading ↗︎
- Trouble signing in ↗︎
- Browser requirements ↗︎
- Comment could not be processed ↗︎
- Using the Account Verification page ↗︎
- Phishing or spoofed emails ↗︎
- Website not loading ↗︎