Position: Education and Training Specialist
Location: Washington, D.C.
As an Education and Training Specialist for the CIA, you will develop and deliver curricula using online, face-to-face, and blended learning environments, and will create products for course management systems. You will apply data analytics, knowledge-management skills, and consultation experience to improve learning programs and Agency Officer's performance and development. You will work alongside seasoned intelligence professionals with depth of knowledge in a range of topics, including specific geographic regions, proliferation, and terrorism. Your work will improve the knowledge and skills of intelligence officers to carry out extraordinary tasks in service to our nation.
Education and Training Specialists identify client needs, create assessment instruments, and design, develop, and deliver appropriate learning solutions. You will collaborate with multimedia developers, instructional technologists, instructional designers, and video production experts to translate learning requirements into effective computer-mediated, blended, and classroom-based programs. You will represent the capabilities of your learning team in client briefings and seek opportunities to build strong client relationships. You may also serve as a Contracting Officer's Technical Representative (COTR) responsible for a range of contracting activities in coordination with the contracting officer.
US citizenship required (dual-national US citizens eligible). All positions require relocation to the Washington, DC metro area.
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Instructional Design
- Educational Technology
- Education related degrees, such as adult learning and education, organizational development and psychology, and Human Resources development
- GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale
- Knowledge of the latest trends in education and how technology enables learning
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to experiment with new learning techniques and technologies, and to seize new opportunities for enhancing learning
For additional information and application instructions go to: https://www.cia.gov/careers/opportunities/support-professional/cima-instructional-designer.html