GOAL: To encourage staff use of new and developing technologies.
- Supervisors are responsible for integrating technology training with the unit's tasks.
- Staff are encouraged to attend on-campus computer training seminars.
- Unit Heads are responsible for designating resource people within their unit.
- Manuals and/or documentation will be readily available within units for staff to consult when needed.
- Supervisors will incorporate the use of technologies with daily/routine tasks.
- Supervisors are responsible for monitoring time spent using technology to assure that benefits are in proportion to the time spent.
- Etiquette implies that desk areas are private, allowing for co-workers and supervisors to have access to work-related files.
- Staff are encouraged to maintain confidential/personal files in a secure area.
guideline adopted 1/30/95, edited 8/13/04