Respect for Others and the RLC:
* *DON’T: Disrupt study.
DO: Treat others with respect.
- Dispose of trash in the bins provided.
- Use only erasable markers on white boards.
- Use RLC space and equipment for academic purposes, rather than business, personal or recreational use.
- The RLC is NOT a quiet zone, but noise beyond what is needed for group study is not permitted.
- For silent study, find quiet spaces elsewhere in the Library during open hours, especially on floors 5 & 6, which are “Absolutely Quiet” floors.
Food and Drink: Allowed.
- Please use covered containers and clean up messes.
- Alcoholic Beverages are prohibited.
Who May Use the RLC: Use of the RLC is a privilege provided to current UMBC students, faculty, and staff, and their guests. This privilege is revocable.
Users are required to swipe their UMBC ID cards or be a guest of a UMBC person in order to enter.
- Guests must be accompanied at all times by their UMBC student, faculty, or staff host. Unaccompanied guests will be removed from the RLC. Hosts will be responsible for their guests and their actions.
- Do not admit people you do not know.
- The card swipe system identifies card owners and keeps user logs; the video monitoring system retains images of activities in the RLC.
- Access to the lower level is available only from the Library’s 2nd floor elevator in the Serials Department.
Safety and Security (Area is monitored by video cameras)
- Call 410-455-5555 or x55555 to contact campus police.
- In case of an emergency: use the yellow phone or press panic button in bathroom.
- Do not leave items unattended. UMBC is not responsible for stolen or lost items.
- University Police Escort: call 410-455-5555 to arrange for escort to dorm or car.
Please send questions or concerns to email@example.com.