Scope: Many resources and services of UMBC's Albin O. Kuhn Library & Gallery are available without charge to corporations and individuals who are not UMBC students, faculty or staff. The following labor-intensive special services are available for fees:
- $90/hr., billed in increments of 15 minutes.
- Intended for in-depth assistance on research problems and requests for staff to provide information rather than assist users to find information themselves.
- Staff assisted data-base searches on metered databases, with requestor present: charges from data-base supplier and $90/hr. for staff time, billed in 15 minute increments.
- User is informed of fee structure and agrees to pay for services in advance.
- Registered special borrowers and USMAI alumni:
- may use the ILL service for a fee of $15 per filled request ($5.00 for materials borrowed within the USMAI),
- will also be required to pay any additional costs that may be charged by the supplying institution.
- By placing request requestor acknowledges they will be held responsible for return of borrowed materials and payment.
- By placing request requestor acknowledges and agrees to pay all costs incurred to obtain material. (They will be contacted if cost is above the norm.)
- Loans are delivered to Circulation desk for pickup on receipt of payment.
- Not all materials circulate; lending institutions determine loan period and circulation status.
- Articles are delivered electronically to requestor's email address on receipt of payment.
Materials held at UMBC:
- Books - if material is found in the local collection requestor will be notified. Paging system to retrieve material is not available.
- Articles - electronic document delivery of UMBC held articles will be $5.00 per article.
- Due upon receipt of services; further services denied until previous bills are settled.
- Method: All charges must be paid by check made out to UMBC.
Guideline drafted 12/2/97, revised 12/11/97, 12/15/97. L. Wilt, revised 7/31/12. R. Moskal