A. LIBRARY PROPERTY
- Staff who notice Library equipment, supplies, or financial receipts missing from desks or work areas should immediately report the loss/suspected theft to their supervisor, or, if the supervisor is not available, directly to the Library Business Manager or Library Administrative Offices.
- If unable to locate missing property quickly, the supervisor must immediately report the apparent theft/loss of Library property to the campus police (x3133) for further investigation.
- The reporting supervisor should obtain a copy of the police investigation report and the provide copies to both the Library Administrative Offices.
B. PERSONAL PROPERTY
- The University disclaims responsibility for any personal property lost or stolen.
- Nonetheless, staff are encouraged to file a complaint with the campus police (x3133). It is the individual property owner's responsibility to report the loss.
- Staff are also encouraged to inform their supervising unit head or Library Administrative Offices of loss/theft of personal items in order to help detect any pattern(s) of losses which might allow correction or improvement to Library security.
references: L. Wilt memo 9/18/91
previously implemented guideline
rewritten 8/6/92; edited 7/30/09