HCC eLearning Graduate Internship
In this internship, the eLearning graduate reports to the Director of eLearning and works closely with other instructional and information technology staff. The successful candidate will have the ability to design and develop engaging online content. The position provides some support for instructional applications utilized by faculty, students, and staff (primarily the Canvas learning management system). The successful candidate will be dynamic and flexible, able to multitask and adjust to varying needs, proficient in customer service and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
Education / Experience
- Enrollment and attendance in graduate program at time of application in Instructional Systems Development, Educational Technology, Online Education, Curriculum and Design or closely related fields
- Bachelor’s degree w/ GPA 3.0 in major
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to multitask under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and professionalism with the ability to work independently and as a team member with a diverse group of people
- Apply instructional design knowledge to create engaging learning experiences in the online environment
- Apply ADDIE principles to meet course goals and/or training objectives.
- Familiarity in learning management systems (e.g. Canvas and/or Blackboard) and/or tools such as WordPress
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrates good troubleshooting, critical thinking, and analytical capabilities
- Familiarity with Higher Education (preferred)
- Familiarity with computer related ADA requirements and ability to incorporate features to comply with Section 508. (preferred)
- Updates and develops professional development, documentation, and training (Using Cidilabs in Canvas).
- Collaborate with eLearning team on design, development, and evaluation of instructional programs, materials, methods, student support systems, teaching and assessment techniques.
- Meet deadlines by allocating workload, conducting research, and requesting assistance as needed.
- Understand and apply HCC’s quality standards for online courses.
- Research and develop education tools, technologies, best practices that enhance student learning outcomes.
- Related duties, projects, and initiatives as assigned.
To apply, please send your current resume and cover letter to Maureen Martin at email@example.com