- The Webex Meetings application now includes Breakout Sessions.
- Breakout sessions are available on versions WBS40.9 and later. See Find Your Cisco Webex Meetings Version Number.
- Here is a comprehensive guide - Cisco FAQ - breakout sessions overview and features
- Here is a direct link for current known issues and limitations
- This product will be regularly updated and evolve
- Only Hosts and Co-hosts can create breakout sessions, assign participants, and start the sessions.
- Enable breakout sessions by selecting the breakout tab at the top. Check Enable Breakout Sessions.
- Create the breakout session assignments. Either click this option in the top menu bar or the bottom (see arrows below)
- From here you can create your breakout sessions, either filling them automatically or putting students in manually.
- You will be presented with this screen, where you can create sessions and add students to each session.
- Once you have created your sessions, press Start Breakout Session and the participants will be prompted to join their sessions.
- Cisco is in the process of updating Webex breakout rooms. Learn more about Webex Breakout Sessions here.