A “beta” release of a new Chromebook extension for LockDown Browser is currently available for assessments in both Original AND Ultra Blackboard course. This version of the LockDown Browser Chromebook extension also supports Respondus Monitor.
Instructors will need to allow the use of LockDown Browser for Chromebook on a per exam basis. When you allow an exam to use the Chromebook version of LockDown Browser, it will automatically launch LockDown Browser at the appropriate time.
If the instructor allows an exam to use the Chromebook version of LockDown Browser, it will automatically launch LockDown Browser at the appropriate time. Students using a Chromebook will need to use the regular LockDown Browser installation link for UMBC. The installation link will take them to the Chrome web store, at which point they should select “Add to Chrome” to install the LockDown Browser Extension.
Limitations and/or known issues with LockDown Browser for Chromebook (beta):
- Quiz passwords aren’t currently supported
- The “Early Exit” feature in LockDown Browser isn’t currently supported
- LockDown Browser’s Calculator and Spreadsheet features aren’t currently supported
- The extended keyboard functions (for adding symbols and special characters) isn’t currently available
- LockDown Browser’s “Help Center” is currently unavailable
- Pop-ups need to be enabled in Chrome to avoid students encountering a "can't open page" error.