- Log into the Chromebook and start Google Chrome.
- Go to the download link for Respondus Lockdown Browser -- this link is custom to UMBC. Please do not use any other version link except the one provided by UMBC. The download link will automatically be redirected to the Chrome Web Store.
- Select “Add to Chrome” to install the LockDown Browser Extension.
- Log into Blackboard Learn and navigate to the exam that requires LockDown Browser.
- The LockDown Browser extension will be started automatically when an assessment requires it
Limitations and/or known issues with LockDown Browser for Chromebook (beta):
- During the beta, this extension will only work with tests specifically enabled for use with LockDown Browser for Chromebook.
- Pop-ups need to be enabled in Chrome to avoid students encountering a "can't open page" error.
- Quiz passwords aren’t currently supported
- The “Early Exit” feature in LockDown Browser isn’t currently supported
- LockDown Browser’s Calculator and Spreadsheet features aren’t currently supported
- The extended keyboard functions (for adding symbols and special characters) isn’t currently available
- LockDown Browser’s “Help Center” is currently unavailable
To report a bug/issue with the Chromebook beta, please open a support ticket at www.respondus.com/support. Be sure to indicate you are using LockDown Browser for Chromebook.