Position: VISTA Training Specialist
Open & Closing: 6.10.2021 to 6.24.2021
Location: Washington D.C.
Description: The VISTA Training Specialist performs a full range of AmeriCorps staff, member, and supervisor training functions to include training planning, reporting and data analysis, content creation and delivery, event management, contractor oversight and review, and recommending improvements in methods and materials.
- Contributes to instructional design of VISTA's training program; includes analysis and planning, design, development, implementation (including delivery), and evaluation.
- Creates and produces content and materials to support VISTA's online training goals in a variety of platforms (e.g., Articulate, Litmos, HTML).
- Delivers training to VISTA sponsors and members (in person and online).
- Engages in regular professional development, including self-directed learning, to acquire knowledge and skills with new training concepts, skills, resources, and technology.
- Evaluates and recommends changes to training curriculum and logistics; provides information and analysis to strengthen VISTA's ability to make data-informed decisions.
- Supports VISTA's training procurement and knowledge resource management.
- Manages online and in-person training events, including planning, presenter and materials preparation, logistics, and evaluation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree that included or was supplemented by major study in education or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position being filled. Ora combination of education and experience -- courses equivalent to a major in education, or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position, plus appropriate experience or additional course work that provided knowledge comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of a 4 year course of study described above
- Applicants must have one year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to at least the lower/mid range of the NY-02 pay band, which would be at or equivalent to, the GS-7 level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is that which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
- Specialized experience must include consulting on training modality and design; developing and implementing training; coordinating, supporting, and facilitating virtual and in-person events; performing training evaluation tasks, and collaborating with multiple stakeholders to ensure effective delivery of training to diverse audiences.
Go to USAJobs for full description, requirements, and to apply.