In the new Sites@UMBC theme, custom widgets will not be available in the sidebar. This content will need to be rebuilt as new content pages (or added to existing pages).
To copy your widget content from Sites Classic, you will need to switch back to the old Sites theme:
- From the Wordpress dashboard, head back to the Appearance menu item on the left side of the screen, and click Themes from the submenu
- Hover over UMBC Theme and click Activate, and retro Sites theme will be applied to your development website.
- In the Appearance menu, you will now see the Widgets submenu
- Find the widgets that contain important information and copy the information into a new or an existing webpage.
- Save your changes
- Head back to the Appearance menu item on the left side of the screen, and click Themes from the submenu, hover over The New UMBC Theme and click Activate
What about Twitter feeds embedded in the widget area?
See: Twitter Embeds