Position: Instructional Systems Designer (ISD), Senior Specialist
Organization: Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL)
Location: Silver Spring, MD
The Senior Specialist, Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) is responsible for the design, development, and support of high-quality learning activities and events in a variety of training modalities. The position requires the senior specialist to work collaboratively to build and maintain relationships with APHL Training and Workforce Development (TWD) staff, APHL programs, public health laboratory training partners and various external partners including the CDC Training and Workforce Development Branch (TWDB) and others. Training activities will be maintained to insure their relevance and be modified as needed. Budgetary and financial monitoring, evaluation/impact activities and reporting of training activity status will be performed. The Senior Specialist, Instructional Systems Design reports to the Director, TWD and works with APHL staff involved in training development and delivery activities. This position requires a responsive, committed individual who recognizes the impact of the work on the organization as a whole.
- Incumbents typically have a bachelor's degree of equivalent education, and a minimum of five years progressive and relevant experience.
- An advanced degree may be substituted for work experience.
- Master's in instructional systems design or other relevant area preferred.
- Experience working with scientists, public and private agencies strongly preferred; knowledge of public health laboratory systems is desired, but not required.
- Champion of lifelong learning.
- The Senior Specialist, Instructional Systems Design is responsible for the effective day-to-day project management to ensure that results are attained and quality standards are met.
- The Senior Specialist, Instructional Systems Design manages the training design process for designated training projects and priorities in response to articulated training needs.
- The Senior Specialist, Instructional Systems Design is able to undertake relatively complex and substantive tasks within the area and with minimal supervision.
To learn more about this position, please access: https://careers-aphl.icims.com/jobs/1234/instructional-systems-design/job
APHL is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.