U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is looking to fill the role of Instructional Systems Specialist (GS-1750) at the GS-11/12/13 level ($72,750 to $134,798 per year) in our Office of Human Capital and Training, Training and Career Development Division, Distance Learning Branch located in Camp Springs, MD.
At USCIS, we oversee legal immigration to the United States. Our mission is to administer the nation’s lawful immigration system, safeguarding its integrity and promise by efficiently and fairly adjudicating requests for immigration benefits while protecting Americans, securing the homeland, and honoring our values.
Every employee within USCIS helps the agency accomplish this critical mission. By joining USCIS, you can help people build better lives while defending the integrity of our nation’s immigration system. Visit uscis.gov/careers to learn more about what it means to work for USCIS.
About this opportunity
In this position, you will plan, design, develop, and manage all the phases of instructional design for job-related training via our online delivery systems. You will also analyze various methods for performance and job-based training and learning. The work you do will have a nationwide impact and help the agency achieve its mission by training and developing an effective workforce.
We are looking for an individual who has:
- A degree that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in at least four of the following areas:
- Learning theory, psychology of learning, educational psychology
- Instructional design practices
- Educational evaluation
- Instructional product development
- Computers in education and training
- Experience designing instructional programs or three years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent degree (at the GS-11 level only)
The attached career snapshot provides additional information about this position, including the major duties and the qualifications required for the position.
Learn more about this position and apply online through the following job announcement.
Instructional Systems Specialist
· Announcement number: TCDD-2021-0012
· Pay scale, grade, & salary: GS-11/12/13 ($72,750 to $134,798 per year)
· Location: Camp Springs, MD
· This job is open to: the public
· Closing date: 7/19/2021
· Link: Click here