Position: Instructional Designer
Company: Stevenson University: Academic Affairs
Location: Owings Mills, MD
Description: Emphasizing modern learning theory and educational technology in undergraduate and graduate courses, the Instructional Designer (ID) works with faculty and other members of the instructional design team to originate, develop, and deliver educational experiences that maximize learning outcomes for all students in online, hybrid, and on-campus courses. The ID is also responsible for offering live training, as well as creating and running online courses, on the use of the existing Learning Management System (Blackboard), other educational technologies, and modern pedagogical and andragogical methods for faculty and staff.
Education: Master’s degree in education, curriculum design, instructional technology, instructional design, or educational technology plus one year (two years preferred) related post-secondary experience in instructional design, educational technology, distance education or a directly related field in an academic setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- With input from faculty, ZCETL’s Academic Technology Specialist, and other instructional designers, design, develop, and implement online, hybrid, and on-campus learning experiences using appropriate curriculum and course-design principles and technology. The instructional designer assists University faculty and staff with:
- assembling material needed to develop and teach courses with online components.
- creating training web pages, handouts, and occasional videos.
- determining the best way to develop a particular course.
- discovering the appropriate techniques or technologies that can be applied to further the learning in any course.
- determining the best assessment practices for a particular subject or course.
- managing course development such that these projects are completed according to desired specifications and in a timely manner.
- Where justified, facilitate incorporation of multimedia and social media in course design.
- Keep abreast of new technology and ways to incorporate it into different learning environments.
- Review course materials and activities to be consistent with the elements of good practice and QM (Quality Matters) fundamentals.
- Work with others in ZCETL in the coordination of professional development activities in the areas of instructional design and technology for faculty teaching in online, hybrid and face-to-face learning environments.
- Provide technical and curriculum support to all faculty, full-time and adjunct, teaching in a variety of environments.
- Assist with the development of long- and short-range plans, policies, and procedures for the instructional design team specifically and ZCETL in general.
- Train and work with graduate assistants to provide additional help for faculty and staff.
- Attend ZCETL, Division, and University convocations and meetings as required or requested.
- Provide support for evening or weekend activities as requested.
For Additional Information and How to Apply visit Stevenson's Quick Link.