Position: Organizational Development specialist, DEVELOP
Company: EnCompass LLC
Location: The position can be based at EnCompass, Rockville, Maryland headquarters or remotely within the US. This position is expected to be fully remote until September 30, 2021.
Description: EnCompass LLC seeks an Organizational Development (OD) Specialist to lead, manage, and provide technical expertise on the Designing Effective Evidence-based Engagement and Learning for Organizational Performance (DEVELOP) project. DEVELOP supports USAID’s Center for Education in strengthening its organizational capacity to lead in the education sector with a particular focus on organizational effectiveness, professional development of USAID education staff, knowledge management, and communications. The Organizational Development Specialist will work closely with Deputy Director, Professional Development Specialist, and USAID stakeholders to ensure an integrated approach in identifying, designing, delivering, and evaluating process improvements and structural supports to reinforce behavior change and organizational effectiveness.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and eight years of experience or a Master’s degree and 6 years of experience in organizational development, education, curriculum design, international development or related field
- Degree in Organizational Development, Leadership Development, Education, Curriculum Design, Communications, Instructional Design, International Development or other related fields.
Experience and Skills
- Expertise in leading-edge thinking, methodologies and approaches in organizational development, leadership development, and coaching programs, including leadership assessments (360s, MBTI, StengthsFinder, DISC, and/or other assessments)
- Expertise in the critical approaches in learning, including adult learning, learning styles, experiential learning, participatory methods, instructional design, whole systems design, e-learning and related topics
- Knowledge of Appreciative Inquiry and ability to apply it in designs, client engagement, and all professional processes preferred
- Ability to bring a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion lens to all designs and deliveries
- Ability to bring a gender equality and social inclusion lens to all designs and deliveries
- Experience successfully leading and implementing high visibility projects, in a complex environment with multiple tasks from ideation through implementation
- Design, deliver, and evaluate organizational development (OD) activities including but not limited to strategic planning, assessments, management and leadership coaching, team building, retreats, change management, co-creation workshops, and facilitation of learning and other events
- Work with the Deputy Director and USAID stakeholders to conceptualize, recommend, design, and finalize resources for OD activities
- Bring leading-edge thinking, methodologies and approaches to a range of organizational development, coaching, training, learning and leadership development programs
- Ensure integration of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), gender equality, and social inclusion lenses in all OD interventions
- Collaborate with, and provide technical support to, activity teams across the project (
- Develop and manage assessment processes and activities to include surveys, focus groups, and interviews to inform activities
- Identify, provide advice on, and support opportunities for building organizational cohesion, efficiency, productivity, and flexibility to include clarification of job roles, identification of learning needs and plans to address them
Additional information and How to Apply Visit EnCompass Position Description.