Position: Staff Development and Learning Specialist (Official title: Professional Development Specialist, DEVELOP)
Company: EnCompass LLC
Location: The position is based at EnCompass Rockville, Maryland headquarters with the possibility of working remotely. The Professional Development Specialist will be expected to work from client sites in the Washington, DC metro area as needed. This position is expected to be fully remote until September 30, 2021.
Description: EnCompass LLC seeks a Professional Development (PD) Specialist to lead, manage, and provide technical expertise on the Designing Effective eVidence-based Engagement and Learning for Organizational Performance (DEVELOP) project. DEVELOP supports USAID’s Center for Education in strengthening its organizational capacity to lead in the education sector with a particular focus on organizational effectiveness, professional development of USAID education staff, knowledge management, and communications. The Professional Development (PD) Specialist will work closely with USAID stakeholders and the Deputy Director to develop a competency framework and blended learning journeys to build consistently strong technical, leadership, and management skills to support progress toward education outcomes.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and eight years of experience or a Master’s degree and 6 years of experience in organizational development, education, curriculum design, international development or related field
Experience and Skills
- Expertise in professional and leadership development
- Expertise in the critical approaches in learning, including adult learning, learning styles, experiential learning, participatory methods, instructional design, whole systems design, e-learning and related topics
- Knowledge of Appreciative Inquiry and ability to apply it in designs, client engagement, and all professional processes preferred
- Ability to bring a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion lens to all professional development designs and deliveries
- Ability to bring a gender equality and social inclusion lens to all professional development designs and deliveries
- Excellent planning, organization, critical and strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience in analyzing various forms of data, from survey results to training program assessments, to identify the most appropriate solutions
- Bring leading-edge thinking, methodologies and approaches to a range of PD training, learning and leadership development programs, technical exchanges, peer learning communities and events
- Ensure integration of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), gender equality, and social inclusion lenses in all PD interventions
- Lead collaborative processes for staff and stakeholder engagement
- Contribute to the development of a multi-level competency framework and corresponding learning paths for attainment of the competencies needed to operationalize USAID’s Education Policy
- Conduct needs assessments to determine the most effective learning activities and curriculum designs that align with organizational goals, strategies, and competencies
- Coordinate with Center of Education and DEVELOP subject-matter experts to identify appropriate training approaches and to develop/update training content to match current Center mandate and structure
- Collaborate with, and provide technical support to, activity teams across the project
For full description and How To Apply Visit EnCompass LLC Staff Development and Learning Specialist Position Posting.