- Open the assignment for the group.
- Select the group's name to access the membership list. You can also see which member submitted on behalf of the group.
- Grade the assignment using annotation tools and/or rubric.
- Assign a grade to the group or enter an individual team member's grade separately if everyone didn't contribute equally.
- In the submission View, you can assign a grade for the whole group. Type a value in the Grade column.
- To assign a different grade to an individual in a group, expand the group list and type a value in the Grade column. The overall group's grade is shown as In Progress. The Post option doesn't appear because some students don't yet have grades for the assignment.
- Similarly, after you assign a grade to the overall group, you can edit a group member's individual grade. Expand the list of group members and change a group member's grade as needed. The overall group's grade is shown as Multiple.
- You can also assign different grades in the gradebook grid view. Select a group member's cell and all other group members are highlighted in the grid. Edit a group member's grade as needed. You have the option to apply this edited grade to everyone in the group.
- Select the feedback icon to enter written comments for the overall assignment. Feedback can be left for the entire group or the individual group member.
Group Grading Limitations
- Anonymous grading and multiple attempts are not supported on group assignments.
- You can't change grade settings or group membership after you've started grading.
The Groups tool is expected to evolve with feedback from faculty – tell us what you'd like to see and what is essential to your teaching process so we can let the Blackboard developers know!