Position: Adult Learning Specialist (Administrator I)
Company: Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT); Motor Vehicle Administration
Location: Anne Arundel County
Description: The Maryland Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Administration (MDOT MVA) is seeking a dynamic team player to join its Human Resources and Organizational Development Division (HR/OD) for the position of Adult Learning Specialist.
- Designing, updating, and facilitating instructional training for MDOT MVA employees
- Researching particular topics, developing outlines/curriculum, course planning, creating slideshow presentations, and developing participant and instructor manuals
- Coordinating projects involving multiple divisions/work units and serving as lead Learning Specialist on a variety of OD initiatives; guiding the initiative by scheduling and conducting relevant meetings; monitoring the initiative's progress and evaluating the outcome of the initiative
- Serving as the subject matter expert for a variety of internal customers on diverse projects
- Serving as an MDOT MVA internal consultant on matters of workforce development and learning
- Updating existing courses to ensure accurate and updated information is added to course presentation
- Preparing for course facilitation by gathering materials needed for classes, setting up classrooms, and reviewing presentations
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four (4) years of experience in administrative or professional work.
Selective Qualification: *Two (2) years of the required experience must have involved delivering employee curriculum through instructor-led and blended formats to include experience delivering stand-up presentations that observe adult learning principles and/or delivering hands on training in a group setting.
*Selective Qualification recruitments are utilized when the position requires specific or additional bona fide occupational qualifications (knowledge, skill, or ability). No substitution is allowed for a selective qualification.