Position: VISTA Training Development Specialist
Location: Washington, D.C.
Summary: Under the supervision of the VISTA Training Director, the Training Development Specialist will enhance a complex learning architecture that supports 8,000 AmeriCorps members and 700 VISTA project sponsors each year. The Training Development Specialist will create interactive and engaging online training and lead the development and implementation of advanced technologies to support synchronous and asynchronous content and activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- -Designs, develops, and publishes online instructional content and materials for a variety of content areas and audience types.
- -Collects, organizes, and incorporates Subject Matter Expert (SME) input into online training that supports VISTA's training program goals.
- -Collaborates with SMEs to gather information about course goals and objectives and develop content in person and remotely (i.e., Zoom, MS Teams).
- -Utilizes multimedia, instructional technology, and authoring tools to create online learning content (i.e., Articulate 360).
- -Applies instructional design (i.e., ADDIE), adult learning, and multimedia principles and best practices.
- -Develops design plans, storyboards, and lesson plans for online training content.
- -Designs and implements skill/proficiency checks, practice exercises, and authentic performance assessments.
- -Measures learner results to track training program outcomes and identify areas of improvement.
- -Ensures course development products comply with applicable guidance and regulations (SCORM, Section 508, style guides, etc.).
- -Engages in regular professional development, including self-directed learning, to acquire knowledge and skills with emerging training concepts, skills, resources, and technology.
- -Evaluates and recommends changes to VISTA's training program; provides information and analysis to strengthen VISTA's ability to make data-informed decisions.
Additional Information and to Apply Visit the USA Jobs Training Development Specialist Post.