Position: MC Instructional Design Coordinator
Company: University of Maryland Medical Center
Location: Baltimore, MD
Under the supervision of the Director of Clinical Education and Professional Development, this position is accountable for designing and building the content adhering to the consistency, integrity and conformity of education in the current Learning Management System. This position provides support and direction to UMMC stakeholders regarding adult learning concepts and supportive media (including, but not inclusive of, PowerPoint, videos, animation, interactivity). This position supports and is in alignment with our strategic goals, as well as the application and demonstration of the commitment to the University of Maryland Medical Center’s Mission, Vision and Core Values.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Creates content in engaging formats within the online learning management system that meets the educational needs of clinical and non-clinical staff within our facility.
- Utilizes courseware development software (Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, etc.) to devise interactive and engaging courses and programs for educational purposes.
- Develops instructional programs that leverage multimedia and new technologies.
- Demonstrates and uses effective needs assessment and project management skills in course development and outcome evaluation.
- Manages all e-learning solutions, including oversight of design, development, and implementation of online learning courses to support initial and on-going mandatory education, continuing education and certification education.
- Supports the LMS administrator in managing requests to add or modify online learning courses.
- Provides guidance and support to content owners of content for optimization and the application of technology within the Learning Management System.
- Provides updates and recommendations on trends in adult learning and progression of technology as it relates to the Learning Management System.
- Actively fosters fiscal stewardship.
- Creates budgets and business plans relative to e-learning programming.
- Assists in determining the most cost-effective means of content delivery.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in instructional design, instructional technology, education, or related field.
- Two plus (2+) years experience in designing and developing multimedia online training content, to include but not limited to, interactive courses and videos. Knowledge and experience in using Adobe Captivate and Tech Smith Camtasia, preferred.
- Previous experience with online Learning Management Systems is required; Cornerstone preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent planning, organizational, time-management, multi-tasking, prioritizing, verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working with people at all levels of the organization, including external customers and vendors.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Additional information and to apply Visit UMMC Jobs and search for #92978.