Position: Knowledge & Outreach Coordinator
Company: James Madison University
Description: This position supports the University community through the creation and organizing of knowledge articles and development of technology training and documentation. A successful candidate will incorporate emerging instructional technologies into courses, lecture/discussion opportunities, and demonstrations that are fundamental for empowering faculty and staff to utilize technology in support of the JMU mission. This position will actively and strategically promote IT and its services to the JMU community through diverse means (print, in person, social media).
Contributes to the ongoing understanding of IT support across the university through lectures, training sessions, knowledge articles, and social media. Analyzes current trends and best practices and provides strategic plan to streamline communication to constituents across campus and advocates for self-service features. Creates and maintains the technology training effort through courses, demonstrations, tutorials and guides.
- Coordinating knowledge and communication
- Promoting IT and IT support to JMU
- Creating curriculum, tutorials and guides
- Delivering training to faculty and staff
- Outreach material creation and implementation
- Familiarity with knowledge base organization and functionality.
- Familiarity with a variety of social media platforms and usage.
- Knowledge of a variety of methodologies for teaching and learning.
- Significant knowledge of the Windows computing environment.
- Significant knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Effective email communication.
- Ability to create feedback loops to facilitate conversation, improve information sharing, and build community across IT and the University.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Advanced writing skills.
- Experience with desktop publishing software.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex issues and assess customer needs.
Additional information and to apply visit the JMU Joblink page.