- The Host of the meeting must have Webex Assistant enabled for meeting attendees to use it.
- Webex Assistant is not enabled globally at this time. To request access, please submit a ticket at my.umbc.edu/help
- Webex Assistant will automatically turn on when the meeting is opened. The little blue icon in the lower left corner of the Webex meeting window is Webex Assistant.
- To view captioning at the bottom of the screen, click the Closed Captioning icon. Every attendee in the meeting can toggle captioning on and off.
- To turn Webex assistant off for a meeting, click on the blue icon and select Turn off Webex Assistant. Only the Host can do this.
NOTE: This will disable Webex Assistant for ALL meeting attendees.