Position: Technical Support and Training Specialist (Remote)
Description: This position is a technical support and training specialist responsible for remotely training support providers located in Europe, responding to their requests for support, and acting as a liaison with the platform development team. This team member will need to thoroughly understand the end-user experience, be able to accurately reconstruct and document the problem a user is having, respond with compassion, and then resolve the problem or escalate the issue to the development team. The position ensures incoming support requests are addressed and any issues that need escalation are communicated quickly and accurately.
- Act as the first contact for incoming queries and requests from European partner organization managers and training providers
- Respond to messages quickly, accurately, and compassionately in order to clearly articulate technical tradeoffs to non-technical individuals
- Being able to sensitively understand the context of the user experience of non-technical users and developing productive relationships with key stakeholders
- Assess and prioritize a high number of questions and tasks at varying levels of breadth and depth
- Work with remote support providers to ensure support requests are responded to in a timely manner
- Work cross-functionally with our developer team to resolve customer issues and escalate complex problems appropriately
- Work with the Senior ISC to develop training materials for remote support providers and end-users, and provide LMS and training development support to partner organizations
Skills and Experience
- This team member will benefit from previous experience with any of the following.
- Great email-writing skills, especially an ability to quickly craft technical explanations to non-technical and multi-cultural users with warmth and empathy.
- A basic understanding of how websites and web applications work
- Experience providing technical or customer support (by phone, email, chat)
- Experience reporting software defects
- Experience developing help documentation for non-technical users
- Understanding of how to research problems using browser dev tools
- Excel/spreadsheet and/or other data query skills
- Experience developing online courses using a learning management system
- Experience developing video tutorials
- An understanding of post-graduate level academic environments