A new integration with UMBC News and Magazine allows users of Sites@UMBC websites to pull a feed of headlines and display them in the new template (optionally, users may also filter the headlines by tag).
These headlines can be clicked by website visitors to view the article on the platform that it was originally posted on.
- Navigate to the page that you would like to add a feed of headlines, or create a new page.
- On the right hand side of the administration panel on your page, you will find a UMBC Content control. (see example to the right)
- Select myUMBC from the "Include From" dropdown box.
- In the "Group" dropdown select the option for "Add New Group...", enter the text "umbc-news-magazine" without quotes and then press the "Add" button.
- After hitting the "Add" button, "UMBC News & Magazine" should be selected in the dropdown box, and we can now select "Posts" in the Section menu.
- (Optional) - Add a tag or multiple tags separated by commas to the tags section. Tags can be found by visiting a news or magazine post and viewing the article tags.
Example: viewing this article on the news website, tags can be found beneath the author and publish date. (screenshot example included) In this example article, the tags are cahss, cahssresearch, and visualarts)
- In the Content Preview section, select "none" for no excerpt, or "Short Summary" to include the excerpt with your headlines. In this section, you may also select how many headlines to show per page.
Note: Do not choose full listing for this integration.
- Scroll back to the top and hit the "Update" button to save your changes.
- Review your headlines feed and make any changes.
Step by step screenshots