Position: Director Training & Education
Location: Washington, D.C.
Description: The Director of Training & Education is primarily a content development-focused position that is central to Over Zero’s global work, particularly our U.S. programs. The position will serve as the lead in developing curricula - from training to toolkits - for Over Zero’s diverse partners. This includes developing and tailoring training content for different audiences; ensuring our content is up-to-date and accessible to different audiences; managing our digital library and resources; and leading trainings, workshops, and other educational programming as needed.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
As the Director of Training & Education, the following would represent the main areas of your work:
Training and curriculum development, adaptation, and iteration
- Work across departments to develop training curricula and translate complex concepts from research into accessible tools for civil society.
- Lead in the development and design of educational materials for partners, including trainings, workshops, memos, toolkits, online resources, and exercises and activities to be used virtually and in person.
- Update Over Zero trainings, online resources, and other educational materials as partner needs, surrounding dynamics, and research evolve.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- 4-6 years of relevant experience developing trainings or educational resources and curriculum
- Experience in a relevant field - e.g., education, human rights, peacebuilding, communications, social psychology, conflict/violence prevention, etc.
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders
Knowledge and Education
- Strong interest in working to prevent political and identity-based violence and other forms of group-targeted harm
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Skills and Ability
- Experience with a variety of software programs, including Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Keynote
- Skills in formatting and graphic design (for designing document and training materials)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and adaptive to manage shifting priorities and deliver results
- Proactive approach to solving problems
- Adept at anticipating and planning for future needs
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Ability to thrive in a small team environment
Full Description and Job Information is on Director of Training & Education Idealist Job Post.