As Education Technology Designer, you will collaborate with both the content development and product management teams in the development and maintenance of educational products and consultative services that support ANA Enterprise programs, by using educational and instructional technologies. You will assess, develop, design and deliver curriculum for the association's online training and credentialing programs using in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the operational and technical processes and outcomes, related to the delivery of educational products and services. Provides content design using technology and LMS tools.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
· Design educational content for our nurse credentialing and general nursing educational products utilizing interactive learning formats, and other instructional materials as needed
· Design and produce quality written and visual communications for internal and external stakeholders to meet the required deliverables
· Collaborates with the content development and product management teams in organizing and creating content and learning experiences according to accepted principles of adult learning
· Lead the development and management of selected educational products and services using educational technologies such as discussion forums, e-learning software, mobile application, video editing, and narrated slide presentations
· Lead select web-based product development, incorporating web-based course management, LMS and /or content management systems
· Creates and manages curriculum content, databases, develops and analyzes reports, and makes recommendations in support of e-learning products, webinars, or other content development educational products as needed
· Develop innovative educational technology strategies and activities that will enhance the quality and effectiveness of educational products, along with customer service and satisfaction, supporting the ANA Enterprise mission, vision, strategic plan, and goals
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ANA
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Communications, Education, or related field required, Master’s degree in Instructional Design is a plus
- 3-5 years of proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with e-learning authoring tools such as Articulate, Captivate, Storyline, Camtasia, or similar software required, and experience narrating and editing audio and video formats required
- Experience in LMS management and support
- Consummate team player, strong organizational, project management, and analytical skills. Must be able to take initiative, and to work independently in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong attention to detail and design aesthetic is required, and excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong presentation skills are also required
- Critical thinking, problem/process analysis and solving skills as well as creative and abstract thinking
- Must have knowledge and curiosity in emerging training development tools and ability to quickly research, learn and utilize new technologies
- Experience in curriculum development for healthcare education (preferred)
- Web-Master skills or webpage creation skills (preferred)
WHAT THE ANA BRINGS TO YOU
- Join us and become a “Nurse Advocate” for the more than 4 million Registered Nurses in the United States
- Every role within the ANA contributes to a healthier world through the “Power of Nursing”
- An organization that acts with integrity, respect, transparency and humility
- We embrace and empower the uniqueness of every employee; Bring your whole-self to work
- Continuously innovating through creative and strategic initiatives
- Excellent Benefits with exceptional retirement contributions including 401K Matching, Paid Time Off between Dec 25th and Jan 1st in addition to regular PTO, and excellent health/medical benefits
- Commitment to your career development and advancement throughout the ANA Enterprise
ABOUT THE AMERICAN NURSES ASSOCIATION
Founded in 1896, The ANA Enterprise is the family of non-profit companies that comprise the American Nurses Association: the American Nurses Association (ANA), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), and the American Nurses Foundation. The ANA Enterprise leverages the combined strength of each to drive excellence in practice and ensure nurses’ voices and vision are recognized by policy leaders, industry influencers, and employers.
The ANA is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Additional information and apply visit ANA's workforce position posting.