UMBC’s on-campus PCR testing is currently paused.
For more information on testing see: https://covid19.umbc.edu/testing-tracking/covid19-testing/
- Carefully uncap the sample collection tube and place it on a flat clean surface.
- Remove the swab from the packaging.
- Insert the swab at least one inch into one nostril.
- Rotate swab against the inside wall of your nose 2-3 times.
- Using the same swab, repeat inside the other nostril.
- Swirl the swab around in the collection tube liquid 10-15 times.
- Discard your used swab into the trash.
- Finally, replace the cap onto the sample collection tube tightly.