Position: Instructional Designer/Technologist
Company: Chesapeake College
Description: The Instructional Designer/Technologist (ID/T) advises, guides, and mentors faculty in the design of engaging, functional, and effective instructional materials for all delivery modalities. Working in a team environment, applying the College’s instructional systems processes and procedures, the ID/T recommends best practices for instructional issues such as sequencing of materials, use of assessments, selection and structuring of learning activities, and interface design. The ID/T directs and participates in the development of instructional materials. Using national quality standards, the ID/T evaluates the effectiveness of course materials, and consults with faculty to make improvements. Using course review results, the ID/T assists faculty with planning and implementing course improvement. He or she plans and delivers training to faculty, (and sometimes to staff and students) on pedagogical and technological topics, and continually explores new technologies for potential application to instructional problems. The ID/T provides instructional design expertise as needed to institutional committees and policy makers.
- Master’s Degree in instructional design, instructional technology, education or other related field.
- At least two (2) years of experience working in the instructional design/technology field.
- Fluency with web-based course management tools (Canvas preferred). Experience working in a community college setting is preferred. Experience teaching preferred.
- Experience working with video production software (Camtasia preferred).
- Experience with HyFlex teaching modality and equipment.
- Experience working on college and community partnership projects.
For additional information and to apply visit Chesapeake College's Job Details.