Position: Technical Trainer
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Baltimore, MD
Description: Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) in Baltimore, MD is seeking to hire a Technical Skills Instructor. The candidate will be responsible for training personnel on manual & automated activities. They will also be responsible for training on equipment including, soldering station tools, pick and place & wire bonding. They will work with subject matter experts to create appropriate training.
- Designs and delivers programs to train all levels of personnel. Develops tests and visual aids, conducts training classes, and develops criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities.
- Keeps abreast of training and development research: learning theory, motivation theory, and new materials, methods, and techniques. Develops in-house programs and practices to identify developmental needs, including preparing personnel for more responsible positions and increasing effectiveness in present assignments.
- May evaluate and/or oversee contractors or vendors to develop and/or administer training programs. May be responsible for development of e-learning programs.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in field relating to science, business, or adult education, and 3+ years of relevant experience or 7+ years of experience in electronics manufacturing assembly may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proficiency with MS Office to include MS Excel, MS PowerPoint (experience with MS Visio and MS Project a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of Adult Learning Theory
Additional Information and to Apply visit Northrop Grumman Jobs page.