Position: Instructional Designer
Company: American Retirement Association
Location: Arlington, VA
Description: Reporting to the Manager, Instructional Design, the Instructional Designer is responsible for assessing, developing, designing, and delivering curriculum for the association’s online training and credentialing programs using in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the related field.
- Assessing, developing, designing, and delivering training content and materials for the association using sound instructional design and learning principles.
- Working collaboratively with associated departments, staff members, subject matter experts, and volunteers to clarify requirements, analyze tasks, and derive learning objectives, outcomes, and metrics to improve business results.
- Developing and modifying instructional material including web-based trainings, instructor-led trainings, virtual instructor-led trainings, participant guides, presentation materials, and participant interactions; and researching and organizing information and writing instructional materials (high-level design, detailed-level design, storyboards, tutorials, job aids, reference guides, audio and video scripts, navigational text, knowledge checks, assessments, etc.).
- Assisting in the development and execution of the departmental strategy to design and implement learning and development solutions that support the association’s education objectives.
- Fostering continuous improvement of programs by monitoring the quality and cost effectiveness of the educational services programs with a model that respects and harnesses the participation and involvement of stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design or equivalent experience.
- 4 years of experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of instructional design principles and practices, including the use of current multimedia technology and training in an instructor-led and blended-learning environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice of adult learning and education theories.
- Superior interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to analyze problems, develop a path toward problem solving, and manage the process to completion.
- Proficiency in Articulate Storyline 360, Microsoft Office Suite, Learning Management Systems, and Association Management Systems.
- Experience with video production software and Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus, though not required.
For Additional Information and How to Apply Visit the Indeed Job Posting.