Position: Professional Development and Training Specialist
Company: Dexis Professional Services
Description: Dexis Professional Services is recruiting for a Professional Development and Training Specialist who will be embedded within USAID's Center for Education, Bureau for Development, Democracy and Innovation. The Specialist will support the professional development needs of Center staff and education sector colleagues in Washington and around the world through the Education Support Initiative 2 (ESI 2) institutional support contract.
- Leading a strategic approach to the training and professional development of USAID’s education sector (i.e. Washington and field-based staff and new education Foreign Service officers), managing contractors to implement training activities, and coordinating training and professional development across the sector.
- Working with subject matter experts, senior management, and knowledge management specialists to develop and/or update a comprehensive training and professional development strategy and an annual education sector professional development plan.
- Serving as Activity Manager of Professional Development and Training under relevant contracts. Key responsibilities include overseeing the planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of training activities and collaborating with other Activity Managers on related activities.
- Serving as an in-house advisor across activities, bringing a depth of experience in adult learning approaches, in-person and virtual facilitation techniques, peer-to-peer exchange, virtual learning platforms, and other cutting-edge practices.
- Facilitating sector-wide consultations through the Professional Development Working Group to prioritize and plan for annual professional development plans and track activities implemented by a variety of partners.
- Coordinating closely with subject matter experts to inform high-quality course curriculum based on target audience need.
- Identifying and experimenting with innovative approaches to instructional design and facilitation.
- Using basic understanding of online learning principles to adapt elements of in-person trainings to virtual audiences.
- Ensuring training materials are captured and re-packaged to extend their value beyond the immediate training beneficiaries
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related degree strongly desired, with a minimum of 6 years related professional experience required, or, a Master's degree and 4 years of experience related professional experience required.
- Previous experience overseeing the execution of professional development strategies, including managing against clear objectives, tracking milestones, communicating progress, and evaluating work against shifting priorities.
- Previous experience reviewing training/course materials, facilitation guides, and technology integration required.
- Previous experience with and knowledge of adult learning and virtual learning.
- Previous experience supervising or administering training programs, including evaluation, required.
- Demonstrated commitment to producing outstanding work that balances the need to provide customer service as well as efficiency in keeping processes moving.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; able to successfully and effectively liaise with people within and across departments in a multicultural environment; confident communicator that can drive consensus-based decisions.
- Ability to work independently, resourcefully and to own initiative, with flexibility to changing priorities and an eagerness to learn under pressure.
- Strong familiarity and application of instructional design principles strongly encouraged.
- Experience managing service delivery contracts desired.
- Previous experience working on international education development programs strongly desired.
- Previous experience with cross-cultural communication.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET level security clearance required.
For Additional Information and to Apply Visit Dexis Online Job Posting.