Position: Online Learning Quality Assurance and Accessibility
Location: Catonsville, MD
Description: The purpose of this class is to advise, counsel and assist faculty members in designing and creating high quality courses in accordance with the instructional and teaching policies of CCBC.
Requirements: Master’s degree in one of the following: Instructional Design, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Technology, or Instructional Technology.
Or Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Technology, Instructional Technology or related field and completion of graduate level certification in instructional design for online courses required.
For both education levels the following is required: One (1) year of experience with web content accessibility guidelines. One (1) year experience working in Instructional Design, higher education, quality assurance of online courses, and Quality Matters preferred. Candidates will need to provide a sample of their work and copy of transcript to verify graduate level certification.
- Provide assistance to CCBC faculty in the application of instructional design and instructional technology.
- Design and develop courses applying current instructional design principles.
- Conduct training workshops.
- Remain current on instructional technology/design research.
- Provide periodic reports on course development projects.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews of online and blended courses, based on Quality Matters standards.
- Provide support in the development and implementation of online learning courses and programs.
- Conduct training for faculty to meet instructional design and quality assurance needs.
- Maintain current knowledge of emerging trends related to accessibility of information and communications technology.
- Maintains accurate records of course quality assurance reviews along with faculty/staff training.
- Communications and support needs for online learning courses.
- Routinely test course content using a screen reader to ensure accessibility standards are met
- Communicates and supports the needs for online learning courses.
Additional Information and to apply visit CCBDC Careers