Position: Talent Development Lead
MITRE’s Talent Development team provides learning and growth opportunities to all employees. The team builds technical and non-technical engagements to educate and equip employees to solve problems for a safer world. The Development Lead collaborates with internal subject matter experts as well as with other development specialists. The Development Lead works across the solution lifecycle which includes advertising, accepting students, delivery, and evaluation. The candidate will work in a fast-paced, technical education environment. The team delivers 200+ instructor-led courses each year, both virtually and in person at MITRE’s McLean, VA or Bedford, MA campuses. The team also works with MITRE’s remote sites, and partners to produce private events for MITRE and government staff. A successful Development Lead has strong project management skills, organizational skills, and can communicate with various levels of MITRE staff.
The Talent Development Program Lead will report to the Senior Manager of the MITRE Institute and will work with a team that is responsible for identifying and providing learning solutions to enhance the capability and performance of MITRE’s staff. Delivery methods employed include: instructor-led training, eLearning, video broadcasts, and modularized designs. The Development Lead regularly engages with internal subject matter experts to co-create courses. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in instructional design, leveraging adult learning and design principles. Successful candidates will also possess the ability to use innovative approaches to conceptualize and create engaging content for cross functional audiences.
- Previous working experience in instructional design for 1-3 years
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts
- Knowledge of instructional design methodologies and adult learning concepts
- Excellent collaboration skills to work successfully with the MITRE Institute staff and management, MITRE Instructors, and MITRE managers, and vendors.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Flexible and adaptable to a constantly changing environment.
- Excellent oral, written, and listening communications skills
- Ability to select, negotiate, and work in partnership with individuals and groups external to MITRE to fulfill MITRE and MITRE Institute needs
- BS or MS in technical field in which MITRE works, or from a graduate program.
- Master’s degree in instructional design, educational technology, or similar relevant field
- Demonstrated proficiency with e-learning technology and tools
Additional Information on Mitre Careers posting.