Position: Instructional Designer (Remote)
Company: Penske Truck Leasing
Summary: The Instructional Designer is the architect of a wide range of cutting-edge learning experiences that move our business forward. This role will leverage the latest thinking in technology, instructional design, and content development to design, prototype, and develop next-generation, high-impact learning experiences.
- Create compelling and impactful learning experiences that keep pace with the evolving ways people are consuming and being impacted by information. Ensure offerings engage end users and support a high transfer of learning.
- Facilitate effective needs assessments, establish learning outcomes, and build and execute learning design plans. Partner with subject matter experts and key stakeholders to identify learning objectives and recommend effective solutions.
- Stay current on the latest and best thinking in learning science, learning design and technology. Continually scan, analyze, and leverage the most appropriate strategy, methodologies and technology to elevate the learning experience and impact.
- Integrate state-of-the art technology to create high quality, innovative learning content and materials in a variety of formats including, but not limited to e-learning courses, training videos, in-person programs, live online programs, print, graphics, and user guides.
The Instructional Designer will report to the Manager, Learning Experience Design.
This position is open to remote work with approximately 10% travel as required. Penske’s corporate offices are located in Reading, PA, 75 miles northwest of Philadelphia.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Instructional Design required, Masters preferred.
- Solid base of professional certifications and qualifications within Instructional Design required in adult learning
- At least 3 years of experience in instructional design and leveraging existing and emerging learning technologies required.
- At least 3 years of experience preferred in learning and adult education required preferrably within a business working with various stakeholders
- Excellent communication, project and program management, and influence skills required
- Must have deep subject matter expertise in industry-standard content authoring tools (Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia, AV production tools)
- Sincere hunger to learn, creative mindset, and high learning agility
- Experience and expertise in applying human-centered design and design thinking principles and methods in developing impactful learning experiences.
- High personal standard for quality of work product
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location if required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
Additional information view LinkedIn Job Posting.