Please follow these directions if your phone does not meet the Minimum Requirements listed below:
(currently Android 8.0 or newer)
(currently iOS 14 or newer, iPhone 6S or newer)
1. Log in to a UMBC application that requires WebAuth, for example, myUMBC. We recommend using a different browser or private browsing session to perform this step.
2. After you've entered your username and password you will be presented with the Two-Factor Authentication screen
3. If this is your first time enrolling a device, click the Start Setup button.
4. Next, choose what type of device you're going to enroll. We suggest you initially enroll your mobile phone. You can add additional devices later. After that, click Continue.
5. Enter your phone number in the text box. After that, click Continue.
6. When prompted for the phone type, choose Other. After that, click Continue.
7. You should see the following screen (with your phone number of course!). Click Continue to Login.
8. On this screen, press the Text me new codes button at bottom right of screen. You will receive a six-digit code from Duo that can then be plugged into the textbox. For users with this type of phone, it is advised to click the Remember me for 30 days button in order to minimize the number of times you will need to ask Duo for new codes. Use this setting while on your personally owned computer but never on a public computer. Finally, click the Log In button and you should have your usual access to UMBC resources.