Video Length - 04:10
- Latest version of the Java plugin installed on your computer and works in your browser http://www.java.com
- Pop-up blockers disabled in your browser from https://vpn.umbc.edu
- Open an Internet browser
- Type http://vpn.umbc.edu
- Enter myUMBC Username and Password in the appropriate fields
- Click Log In once you are finished
Once you login, you will see the "Welcome to the UMBC VPN" page. Under Network Connect Click on the Start button in the lower right hand corner to start using the web-based VPN
If this is your first time logging into the web-based VPN, then it will automatically install the client. Below are a few steps to follow.
- If you get prompted with a box about the Information Bar (Windows only), click OK and continue
- After a few moments, it will start installing the VPN client and will automatically connect you to the UMBC VPN network
- Once you are connected, you will see a box titled Network Connect as shown below.
You may close/minimize this window. Once you click Sign Out, you will be disconnected from the VPN
Look at the System Tray. This is located near you computer's digital clock.
- If the lock is gold, then you are connected. Here is an example of when you are connected
- If the lock is gray, then you are not connected. Here is an example of when you are not connected
Rate this Article