Installing the Junos Pulse Client
- Latest version of the Java plugin installed on your computer and works in your browser http://www.java.com
- Pop-up blockers disabled in your browser from https://vpn.umbc.edu
- Open Internet Explorer Internet browser
- Type http://vpn.umbc.edu into the address bar.
- Enter your myUMBC Username and Password in the appropriate fields
- Click Log In once you are finished
Once you are logged in, you will see the "Welcome to the UMBC VPN" page. Under the Client Applications heading, click Start on the line reading Junos Pulse to launch or begin installing the client.
If this is your first time logging into the web-based VPN, then it will automatically install the client. Below are a few steps to follow.
- If prompted to allow your browser to run Java, click Allow.
- When prompted to run the Juniper Setup Applet, check the box next to "Do not show this again..." and click Run to proceed with the VPN client installation.
- If you are prompted with a Security Warning, check the box next to "Do not show this again..." and click Allow to proceed with the VPN client installation.
- If prompted by User Account control to allow Juniper Setup to run, click Yes to proceed with the VPN client installation. You may receive this prompt repeatedly, answer Yes each time it appears.
- When prompted with a Setup Control warning, click Always to proceed with the VPN client installation.
- After a few moments, it will start installing the VPN client and will automatically connect you to the UMBC VPN network
- Once you are connected, you will see a box titled Pulse:Connected as shown below. The system tray Icon should be a blue hexagon with a flashing yellow exclamation mark.
- To sign out of the VPN, click on the Pulse icon in the system tray and select Disconnect from the SA(vpn.umbc.edu) menu.
- You can launch the VPN client again, by repeating steps 1-5, or by running the client on your PC through the Start menu or system tray icon and selecting Connect.
Rate this Article