Video length - 02:20
myUMBC passwords must meet the following complexity requirements:
- Must be at least 8 characters in length
- May only contain printable characters (alphanumeric and symbols – no spaces or "control" characters)
- Must include at least one upper case, lower case, and one non-alphabetic character
- Must not contain a three or more recurring characters. (such as 'sss')
- Must not contain a three or more characters in the order that they appear on standard keyboards.
- Passwords must not be primarily constructed of words appearing in our password dictionary.
- Passwords must not contain personally identifiable information that is known to UMBC. This includes such elements as the individual's username, CampusID, Social Security Number, Date of Birth, or elements of other directory information such as address, office number, etc.
- Passwords must be different than the last three passwords used, or have been used within the past year.
Please do NOT use the examples listed below.
Example Strong Passwords
Rate this Article